How To Connect Spotify To Alexa?
Now, Spotify has become the number one music streaming app globally. It has gained much popularity within a few years. This is because it has many features that other music apps do not have. One of the best features of Spotify is, everyone can connect it with other social platforms. Many people buy Echo devices and smart speakers to enjoy millions of songs, podcasts, and live streaming with Spotify. You can easily connect Spotify to Alexa if you are using it. It will automatically play all your music via voice command without moving toward another music source. In this article, We are going to learn How to connect Spotify to Alexa and it will also include the following topics.
- Connect Spotify to Alexa to play music with voice commands using the Alexa app.
- How to make Spotify your default music player to use it more effectively.
- How you can disconnect Spotify from Alexa via either the Spotify website or the Alexa app.
Spotify supported devices
First of all, you should know that Spotify cannot be connected to all echo devices but you can easily connect Spotify to Alexa if you have any of the following devices.
- Amazon Echo.
- Amazon Echo Spot.
- Amazon Echo Dot.
- Amazon Fire TV Cube.
- Amazon Echo Show.
- Amazon Tap.
- Facebook Portal/Portal+
- All Sonos Players
Connect Spotify to Alexa
Before moving forward, you will need Spotify and Amazon accounts to connect Spotify to Alexa. If you already have both accounts, then it is well but if you don’t have created any then you should create it first.
Below steps will help you to connect Spotify to Alexa.
- First, Download and open Amazon Alexa app on your Android, iPhone, or Ipad.
- Secondly, Tap the menu in the bottom right corner.
- Thirdly, click on the settings and it will open the next page.
- Fourthly, scroll down and select Music & Podcasts at the third number from top to bottom align.
5. Fifthly, click on the “ Link New Service”
6. Now, select Spotify from the list and link your account to Alexa.
In the end, a click enables you to use and log in to your Spotify account. All processes will be done after these steps.
How to make Spotify your default music player?
When you will make your Spotify account the default music player then you don’t have to say “ On Spotify” at the end of your every voice command. It will help you to listen to music in a very fluent way.
Below steps will help you in making Spotify your default music player.
- First of all, open Amazon Alexa app on your Android, IOS, or IPAD devices.
- Now, click on the More tab in the bottom right corner.
- Click settings from the given menu.
- Then, choose Music & Podcasts.
- Next, click on Default services.
- Select the Change tab to change your default music service.
- In the end, select Spotify as your default music player.
For testing, Simply ask Alexa to play something, such as “Alexa, play Discover Weekly”.
Disconnecting Spotify from Alexa
In case, if you want to disconnect Spotify from the Alexa app then this can be done with two different methods. One from the Amazon Alexa app and the second from the Spotify website.
Through Spotify website
- Visit Spotify’s official website and log in to your account on your MAC, PC, or Android devices.
- Click your profile icon in the top right corner and select an account.
- Many options list will appear on the left side and click on the apps option.
- You can then find Alexa in the Spotify-associated apps list.
- If you wish to remove access, click on the Remove Access button and then confirm.
Through Alexa App
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile and then click on the More button
- Now, click settings
- Click on Music & Podcasts
- It will show you a list of all services connected to Alexa (a link new service option will also be given)
- Then, find Spotify and click on it.
- Tap the Disable Skill button on the Spotify details page and confirm this action.
We hope that you have learned How to connect Spotify to Alexa, make Spotify your default music player, and also disconnect Spotify from Alexa. Furthermore, if are still a bit confused about any step or you want to take help then feel free to ask. Our dedicated team will guide you ASAP.